Saturday, October 10, 2015
New City Church :: Phoenix, Arizona
Discovering what God has created us for is adventurous. Prism :: Discover was a workshop-driven event where women evaluated their identities, values, and purposes to align their lives better with the spirit of God.
Here’s a recap of the day:
- Worship Director Rachel O. set the tone by pronouncing her anthem, “Discovery,” over the women. The theme set by the Holy Spirit is that our God is a good, good father.
- Director of Excellence Nicole Cottrell spoke boldly about our identities in Christ.
-Identity, Part 1 :: Write a lie you believe on a black sticky note
-Identity, Part 2 :: Cover that black lie with two truths about yourself or God on a mulberry sticky note
- Life coach and guest presenter Jes Parker led women through a values exercise.
-Values :: What are your values, and how can you implement these better into your mission?
- Founder & Visionary Renee Ronika spoke on purpose: We all have been called; upon responding to that call, we are commissioned.
- Creative Director Jennie Forsberg led women through workshops on discovering purpose.
-Discovery Map :: Use the Venn diagrams to discern your purpose
-Mission :: Write your mission statement
Women left Prism :: Discover inspired to face their struggles and overcome through God’s love and power. As usual, we fostered camaraderie through vulnerability and community.
Becoming the woman God has created us to be doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Women discovered who they were by acknowledging who God has already made them to be and aligning themselves with His love and good intentions for them.
Thank you to the volunteers at Prism and to New City Church.
Many women plan to follow up with their discoveries at Prism :: Roots, where we will seek out the deeper things of God. You are invited to participate with us.
Join us for our next adventure on May 13-14, 2016, in Scottsdale, Arizona for Prism :: Roots!
*Event photos by Destiny MacArthur